UK Debt Statistics
The June debt statistics from Credit Action were released. From the statistics was can see that today in the uk;
- 331 people every day of the year will be declared insolvent or bankrupt. This is equivalent to 1 person every 60 seconds during a working day.
- 1,577 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day during Q1 2011 and the average judgement amount was £3,118.
- Citizen Advice Bureaux dealt with 9,498 new debt problems every working day in England and Wales
- The average cost of raising a child from birth to the age of 21 is £27.50 a day.
- 100 properties were repossessed every day during Q1 2011
- 233 new people became unemployed for more than 12 months every dayduring the 12 months to end March 2011
- 1,348 people reported they had become redundant every day during 3 months to end March 2011
- £199,700,000 is the amount that the Government Public Sector Net Debt (PSDN), including financial interventions, will grow today (equivalent to £2,312 per second).
- £151,230,000 is the interest the Government has to pay each day on the UKs net debt of £2252.9bn (which includes financial interventions). This is estimated to rise to £182m a day in 2015-16.
- 220 mortgage possession claims will be issued and 160 mortgage possession orders will be made today
- 382 landlord possession claims will be issued and 265 landlord possession orders will be made today.
- The UK population is projected to grow by 1,205 people a day over the next decade
- 24.1m plastic card purchase transactions will be made today with a total value of £1.156bn.
- 7.7m cash withdrawals will be made today with a total value of £528m
- The average car will cost £16.08 to run today
- It costs £68.45 on average to fill a car with a 50 litre tank with unleaded petrol.