UK Debt Statistics
The May debt statistics from Credit Action were released. From the statistics was can expect that today;
- 337 people every day of the year will be declared insolvent or bankrupt. This is equivalent to 1 person every 59 seconds during a working day.(Insolvency could include entering a Protected Trust Deed/IVA)
- 1,603 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day during Q4 2010 and the average judgement amount was £3,245.
- Citizen Advice Bureaux dealt with 8,004 new debt problems every working day in England and Wales
- The average cost of raising a child from birth to the age of 21 is £27.50 a day.
- 87 properties were repossessed every day during Q4 2010
- 296 new people became unemployed for more than 12 months every day during the 12 months to end February 2011
- 1,392 people reported they had become redundant every day during 3 months to end February 2011
- £133,200,000 is the amount that the Government Public Sector Net Debt (PSDN), including financial interventions, will grow today (equivalent to £2,178 per second).
- £118,080,000 is the interest the Government has to pay each day on the UKs net debt of £2252.1bn (which includes financial interventions). This is estimated to rise to £182m a day in 2015-16.
- 212 mortgage possession claims will be issued and 163 mortgage possession orders will be made today
- 377 landlord possession claims will be issued and 251 landlord possession orders will be made today.
- The UK population is projected to grow by 1,205 people a day over the next decade
- 24.1m plastic card purchase transactions will be made today with a total value of £1.156bn.
- 7.7m cash withdrawals will be made today with a total value of £528m
- The average car will cost £16.08 to run today
- It costs £67.90 on average to fill a car with a 50 litre tank with unleaded petrol.
Debt Support Trust is a registered debt advice charity (SC041902) providing debt advice on a range of debt solutions including;