UK Debt Statistics
Credit action.org is a charity which provides useful and accurate statistics about the UK debt problem. The February statistics include;
Today in the UK
- 372 people every day of the year will be declared insolvent or bankrupt. This is equivalent to 1 person every 53 seconds during a working day.
- 1,716 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day during Q3 2010 and the average judgement amount was £3,312.
- Citizen Advice Bureaux dealt with 9,389 new debt problems every working day in England and Wales
- 1,721 people reported they had become redundant every day during 3 months to end November 2010
- £203,600,000 is the amount that the Government Public Sector Net Debt (PSDN), including financial interventions, will grow today (equivalent to £2,356 per second).
- 207 mortgage possession claims will be issued and 154 mortgage possession orders will be made today
- 372 landlord possession claims will be issued and 248 landlord possession orders will be made today.
- 24.1m plastic card purchase transactions will be made today with a total value of £1.153bn.
- 7.9m cash withdrawals will be made today with a total value of £530m
There are a number of solutions to debt, so get in touch to find out how we can help you.
Debt Support Trust is a registered debt advice charity (SC041902) providing debt advice on a range of debt solutions including;