Resurrect Your Finances This Easter
Use this Easter to spring clean your finances with Debt Support Trust
During Easter you may be thinking about spending some well earned time with the kids, eating more than your fair share of Easter eggs and perhaps visit church on Easter Sunday.
Dealing with financial problems is not top of most people's 'must-do' list at Easter, especially when the sun is shining and you're busy rolling your hard boiled eggs down a hill. However, if you have debt problems then the festive break is a perfect time to spring clean your finances. Here's our list of proactive ways to get your money matters in order.
1. Face the problem head on: Most people in debt ignore telephone calls and letters because they fear the worst. By ignoring the problem it doesn't go away, it just gets bigger.
2. "A problem shared": Easter is a time for sharing your eggs. Talking about your debt and sharing your problems with a friend, member of your family or a debt charity is a good way to ease the burden debt can create. It can useful to get another perspective and advice on the situation.
3. Get a spring in your step: Organise your paperwork and complete a basic income and expenditure to understand how much disposable income you have to pay towards your debts each month.
4. Enjoy the Easter break: It can be difficult to enjoy the Easter holidays when you have debt problems, especially if you're feeling under pressure and your sleep is being disrupted. Enjoy your break by finding free things to do - is your local swimming pool offering free swimming or are there any 'two for one' deals on at the cinema?
5. Money saving tips: There is a number of different money saving websites and blogs where you can save cash. Check online for websites which help you save money on things like your shopping and essential items.
6. Walk and get healthy: Debt is known to cause mental health problems because of the strain and pressure associated with debt. However, exercise can help improve your mental state and you'll be in a better place to get active and resolve your financial woes.
7. Turn down the heating: As the temperature starts to increase outside you can turn down your heating and save money!
8. Get the right help: Finally, if your debt problems are severe and you cannot see a route which will enable you to resolve your debt problem then there are a number of debt solutions available. Many solutions advertised by for profit companies can be misleading, so ensure you speak to a not for profit debt charity.
Anybody seeking debt advice this Easter can contact Debt Support Trust by telephone on 0800 085 0226.
Debt Support Trust is a registered charity SC041902 which provides the following debt solutions