UK Debt Statistics
The March statistics from credit action have now been released
and the highlights are shown below ;
- 337 people every day of the year will be declared insolvent or bankrupt. This is equivalent to 1 person every 59 seconds during a working day.
- 1,603 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day during Q4 2010 and the average judgement amount was £3,245.
- The average person will save £2.73 every day.
- Citizen Advice Bureau's dealt with 8,004 new debt problems every working day in England and Wales
- The average cost of raising a child from birth to the age of 21 is £27.50 a day.
- 1,000 people are seeking some form of formal debt rescheduling every working day.
- 87 properties were repossessed every day during Q4 2010
- 474 new people became unemployed for more than 12 months every day during the 12 months to end December 2010
- 1,589 people reported they had become redundant every day during 3 months to end December 2010
- £145,200,000 is the amount that the Government Public Sector Net Debt (PSDN), including financial interventions, will grow today (equivalent to £1,681 per second).
- £120,660,000 is the interest the Government has to pay each day on the UKs net debt of £2244.2bn (which includes financial interventions). This is estimated to rise to £182m a day in 2015-16.
- 212 mortgage possession claims will be issued and 163 mortgage possession orders will be made today
- 377 landlord possession claims will be issued and 251 landlord possession orders will be made today.
- The UK population is projected to grow by 1,178 people a day over the next decade
- 24.1m plastic card purchase transactions will be made today with a total value of £1.153bn.
- 7.9m cash withdrawals will be made today with a total value of £530m
- The average car will cost £16.08 to run today
Debt Support Trust is a registered debt advice charity (SC041902) providing debt advice on a range of debt solutions including;